When life gives you lemons, do a lemon water cleanse!
Dr Roni DeLuz ND, RN, PhD
Cleansing our body is one of the most powerful processes through which we can bring our bodies back into normal alignment. The inequality of any system in the body might invite disease. If inequality starts in the intestines, then it is good to do a cleansing. Cleansing is an important part of self-care and combating all the environmental toxins we are exposed to daily from stress to harmful exposure to technology.
The health benefits of ingesting lemons have been known for centuries. Among all, the two main benefits of eating lemons: lemons are antibacterial and antiviral. They work effectively to power up the immune system!
Lemons are also used in weight reduction. Lemon juice is a digestive aid and liver cleanser. Lemons contain many substances like citric acid, magnesium, calcium, vitamin C, bioflavonoids, limonene and pectin, that strengthen the immunity and fight against any bacterial or viral infection.
Lemon water in the morning gives a nice kick start to feel energized for the entire day. Lemons have a very refreshing flavor. Lemons also deliver a good amount of vitamin C and a specific enzyme to one’s diet. The enzyme from lemons helps to assist healthy liver function and tissue re-generation. A drink of lemon and water drink is the best choice for cleansing the liver.
However, balance in everything is very important to be happy and healthy.
Ten reasons why I drink lemon water:
1. Lemon juice mixed with cayenne pepper is a great immune booster. Giving the body extra vitamin C is a powerful way to deal with environmental stress.
2. Lemon water cleans out the liver and the kidneys. Lemon promotes the release of toxins and cayenne helps sweat them out.
3. Lemon water helps with digesting food and soothes indigestion.
4. Lemons reduce hunger and sugar cravings.
5. Lemons with added cayenne pepper increase blood and lymphatic circulation.
6. Lemons are loaded with antioxidants, so you maintain a radiant skin glow.
7. Hot lemon water first thing in the morning will reduce or eliminate the need for coffee.
8. Because lemons are anti-viral and fight infections, drinking lemon water helps fight illness.
9. Use Lemon water to freshen your breath and fight gingivitis.
10. Make yourself happier! Drinking lemon water has shown to be helpful in reducing both anxiety and depression.
How to drink lemon water and when:
Every morning upon waking, consume one hot cup of water with the juice of half a fresh lemon. Have it your way by adding stevia, apple cider vinegar, sliced ginger, turmeric, basil or cayenne.
Another variation is to add 1 to 2 drops of lemon essential oil in lukewarm water, taken 4 times per day. It will help to prevent the accumulation of fluids in those who suffer from poor circulation, cellulite, and obesity.
Drinking lemon water throughout the day in 1 to 2-hour intervals helps to remove unwanted fat accumulations. Make sure to drink 8 glasses of distilled or purified water adding not only lemon but some of the ingredients mentioned.
To make it Hot:
Hot lemon water first thing in the morning:
Take 3 cups of hot water.
Add Juice from 1/2 lemon.
Add pinch of cayenne (enough to feel the heat)
To make it cold:
3 cups of cold water (add ice)
Juice of a ½ or whole lemon
Add a combination to your taste of basil, cayenne (about ¾ tsp.), sea salt, pepper, sliced ginger, stevia, apple cider vinegar 2 Tb.), turmeric (1 tsp.)
Lemon water has many benefits for your overall health. Make drinking lemon water part of your daily routine to support a healthier lifestyle. For obtaining long term health advantages, you should incorporate long-term healthy changes in your life. Adding Lemons to your life is easy, not costly, relevant and very effective in cleansing the body. There are many ways to clean up, detox and alkalize to get on a healthy start to wellness and longevity but drinking lemon water combine with a nutritional protocol can be a powerful silent ally in the bodies healing process.
For more information visit www.drronideluz.com.