The Sneakers You Need Right Now
By Amanda Garrigus
Fashion has had a long love affair with the sneaker. Each season we fall head over heels with latest style, and trendy guys and gals everywhere beeline to get a pair of their very own. Some sneaks are so covetable that fans of the springy shoe will line up around the block to get first pick. We’ve even heard tell of sneakers commanding prices north of thirty thousand dollars. Two words. Air Jordan.
If you want to be up on everything sneaker but aren’t ready to sign up for the next Sneaker Con — yes, that’s a thing — don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. From classic trainers to the traditional running shoe, there are obsession-worthy kicks to suit all tastes and budgets. Forthwith, a roundup of the sneaks you need to have right now.
- What do you get when you combine the sophisticated ethos of a celebrated Belgian designer with a tried and true American icon? You get Raf Simons for Adidas, that’s what. This colorful, next level take on the classic Stan Smith will up your style ante with minimal effort.
- White kicks are always on point. So is Common Projects. Their original Achilles style is the result of a marriage made in sneaker heaven.
- Did we mention you can’t go wrong with a white sneaker? Puma’s Basket Heart patent leather shoes are the stuff of our girly dreams.
- If ever there were a sneaker built for office duty it’s these. Wear them instead of an Oxford with a relaxed suit or a pair of wide legged trousers.
- We know it’s all about the workout, but there’s no shame in looking great while you sweat. Cover your bases with this gorgeous high-tech, high-style entry from APL.
- Retro trainers are here to stay, and it’s a good thing too. They are comfortable, versatile and oh so cool.